Everything is quite straightforward when it comes to website visitors. Increased website traffic leads to increased sales. However, getting what you desire isn’t simple, and you’ll need insider knowledge.
You’ll waste a lot of time and money if you don’t. To make things easier, we’ve developed a list of ten tried-and-true strategies for increasing internet traffic to your online store or website.
1. Perform Keyword Research
Always include relevant keywords in your writing. Keywords should be used naturally rather than packed into the text to the point where they annoy the reader or detract from the main idea. Keywords should be utilised in the meta description, page title, URL, headers, and a few additional places throughout the content.
Keyword research may be done using tools like Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush. These services show what keywords competitors are using, how often people search for keywords, how expensive the phrase is for pay-per-click ads, comparable keywords, and a wealth of other information to aid keyword strategy. Hiring an SEO agency is also a feasible option, as they can give valuable insights and perform audits to identify issues that are blocking your site from being seen in search engines.
2. Create Memorable Content
It’s not enough to just submit material; you also need to develop content that is memorable and stands out. In reality, one of the most effective strategies to boost website traffic is to provide relevant and memorable content.
People use Google to get precise, full, and accurate answers to their questions, and your content should be there to provide them. In fact, websites with blog material have 434 percent more pages indexed by search engines than those without. Furthermore, sites that produce more than 16 articles per month get roughly 3.5 times the amount of traffic as sites that publish zero to four articles per month.
The basic truth is that web traffic should increase if you care about the material you create, upload often, and investigate what your audience wants to see.
3. Write Guest Posts
Guest blogging on other people’s websites is an excellent way to build backlinks, generate referral traffic, and enhance your SERP rankings. Before proposing a website in your industry, always conduct your research.
To begin, check a website’s content for quality, as well as its domain authority and guest blogging limits. Inquire about if the item will be promoted on social media and whether you will be tagged.
4. Keep Active Social Media Pages
- In order to attract visitors, social media is quite important. Here are a few ideas on how to utilise it to boost website traffic:
- Make use of your social media platforms to disseminate information (blogs, e-books, white papers, infographics, videos, and so on).
- Responding to followers, repeating their posts, and tagging them are all examples of how to interact with them.
- Make use of hashtags that are relevant to your subject.
- When new material becomes available, update the link in your bio to promote it.
- To promote fresh material, change the cover picture. Influencers who could be interested in the subject should be identified and marked.
- To encourage individuals to click the link to the item, provide appealing information from the content.
- Add links to your resources in your post to help those who are seeking solutions.
5. Use Advertising to Increase Website Traffic
Paid search, social media, and display ads might all be efficient strategies to generate traffic to your website. Each approach has advantages and disadvantages — for example, users may block display advertising, and the average cost per click for Google Ads on the search network is between $1 and $2 per click — so it’s critical to define budgets and objectives before pouring money into it.
When it comes to pay per click (PPC) advertisements, for example, it’s crucial to start with only one campaign and a few distinct ad groups that include the terms you want to target the most. Once your ads are up and running, monitor how audiences respond to different terms. Perhaps one term generated simple impressions and did not result in increased website traffic, but another generated clicks and transactions.
6. Send Email Newsletters
Using email newsletters to promote content is an efficient technique to boost website traffic. Here are some excellent practises for email marketing:
- Provide attractive information from the content in the subject line and body of the email.
- Subscribers may click a link or a button to read more of the material.
- Check to see whether your emails are mobile-friendly. Because mobile devices account for 46% of all email openings, links should be easily visible.
- Make use of personalisation techniques by adding the subscriber’s name.
- Use well-designed themes to make the email aesthetically attractive.
- A/B test several email versions to see which ones generate the most opens and clicks.
7. Influencer Outreach
Influencers in the industry are ready to contribute information that their fans will like. Influencers may be reached in a variety of methods, including:
- Mention the influencer’s content or research in a social media post if your article cites it.
- Request an interview or Q&A with the influencer, then tag or contact them after the content is live. They’ll almost surely spread the word about your content to their fans.
- Do a round-up with numerous influencers when promoting the item on social media (e.g., “10 Experts Predict Small Business Trends for 2020”) and tag each of the participants.
- Influencers may be compensated in exchange for posting sponsored material on their social media sites.
If you’re not sure where to begin, use tools like HypeAuditor and BuzzSumo to locate the proper influencers in your field, or hire a digital marketing firm to perform the work for you.
8. Create a Helpful Industry Tool or Content
Providing something beneficial to prospective clients is a fantastic way to generate traffic. For example, at our content marketing business, We wanted to provide marketers a platform that would make it easier for them to develop and distribute content.
Create a range of tools and materials that will be useful to individuals in your industry, and then make them freely accessible on their websites. You may optimise your returns and locate new leads by publishing gated content/tools (content and tools in exchange for the user’s contact information). Another way to increase website traffic is to promote the content/tools on relevant LinkedIn Groups or forums where people in the industry communicate.
9. Submit Press Releases to Influential Publications
When companies create press releases to market themselves or their clients, they shouldn’t merely throw them up on a press release syndication service and hope for the best. They must actively promote the release and submit it to notable websites and periodicals in their respective professions.
We convey fantastic news about a client to industry blogs and newspapers that their target audience reads when we wish to share it. As a consequence, we may generate hundreds of new prospects for the customer and increase referral traffic.
10. Exchange Backlinks
With so many businesses trying to increase website traffic, there are several opportunities for backlink exchanges. Keep in touch with relevant websites and offer your work as a resource for one of their articles. You may add an additional incentive by providing a mutually advantageous backlink swap, in which you promise to include one of their links in a post of yours.
The website WheelScene agreed to a backlink and social media post exchange, which resulted in a 23,245 percent increase in views! Businesses who find the right backlink exchange partner may earn a lot of money.